A month ago I introduced this list of 32 things to do before my 32nd birthday. I’m planning on updating with my progress each month, so I don’t leave it all until the last minute! Here’s some of my progress so far.
For health and beauty:
1. Start each day with lemon water. I’ve been doing this consistently every day!
2. Give myself an herbal steam facial.
3. Take my CLO Daily. Haven’t been quite so consistent with this one.
4. Make some Echinacea Tincture.
5. Oil Pull or swish with clove/tea tree oil daily. Haven’t been doing this daily, but frequently.
Make my own toothpaste. DONE!
7. Treat myself to a mocha-frappuccino face mask.
8. Cut down on refined sugar.
9. Make this calendula salve.
10. Make my own facial clay mask.
11. Try this Kudzu-Apple Juice as a cold remedy for the kids.
Make 3-in-1 Healing Balm (from Herbal Nurturing eBook) DONE!
To eat or drink:
Make Water Kefir. DONE!
14. Make some herb-infused honey. In Process.
Make Chai Concentrate. (I’ve been buying a powdered version at Trader Joe’s but want something better for me that I can make myself.) Made this once, but I don’t think it’s strong enough, so I’m going to try another batch soon.
16. Make my own vanilla extract. (Maybe I can even use this for Christmas gifts if I get started soon!) Update: I ordered my vanilla beans here, and they’re on the way. As soon as they arrive, I’ll start this.
17. Make Four Thieves Vinegar.
18. Plant some garlic.
19. Make some peanut butter.
Make this ricotta. DONE! This was so delicious and so easy. I highly recommend it.
21. Bake some bread.
22. Make my own “Larabars” (from the Healthy Snacks to Go eBook.)
For the home:
Make this hand soap. (Just add 1-2 T. castille soap in your soap dispenser with water.) DONE! So easy, and works great in foaming hand soap dispensers.
24. Make Beeswax Wood Polish.
Make this tub scrub…and then use it. DONE!
Make this homemade air freshener. DONE! (See photo above.)
27. Replant some succulents.
28. Make herbal fire starters and enjoy lots of cozy fires on cold winter nights.
29. “Spring” clean my mattress.
30. Remember to use my reusable produce bags! I’ve remembered once, so that’s better than nothing!
I’m feeling like I’ve got a good start, but definitely still have a long way to go! I have a week off for Thanksgiving next week, so hopefully I’ll make some more significant progress.