Three months ago I decided to make a list of 32 things I wanted to do before my 32nd birthday. Today is my birthday…and here’s how things ended up:
For health and beauty:
1. Start each day with lemon water. I did this fairly consistently every day!
2. Give myself an herbal steam facial. I have no excuse for not doing this one…I will soon!
3. Take my CLO Daily. Only did this sporadically, so I’m not going to check it off the list.
4. Make some Echinacea Tincture. I ended up making this elderberry echinacea syrup instead.
5. Oil Pull or swish with clove/tea tree oil daily. Only did this a few times.
Make my own toothpaste. DONE!
7. Treat myself to a mocha-frappuccino face mask. DONE! I loved this. The recipe made a lot, so next time I might cut it in half, but I enjoyed the mask and it wasn’t as messy as I had expected.
8. Cut down on refined sugar. I think this one needed to be more specific. I’m not sure if I cut down much, but I do regularly replace a lot of refined sugar with other options.
9. Make this calendula salve. Never got to this one…after I made the 3 in 1 healing balm I needed a break from salve and balm making.
10. Make my own facial clay mask. DONE! I made a lavender facial smoother from which used clay.
Try this Kudzu-Apple Juice as a cold remedy for the kids. Actually tried this one for myself too. Instead of apple juice I used cranberry apple cider and it was great!
Make 3-in-1 Healing Balm (from Herbal Nurturing eBook) DONE!
Make Water Kefir. DONE!
Make some herb-infused honey. DONE! I made lavender infused honey.
Make Chai Concentrate. (I’ve been buying a powdered version at Trader Joe’s but want something better for me that I can make myself.) Made this once, but I don’t think it’s strong enough, so I’m going to try another batch soon.
16. Make my own vanilla extract. (Maybe I can even use this for Christmas gifts if I get started soon!) DONE! I ordered my vanilla beans here. I tried a couple different vanilla beans and I think my favorites were the Tahitian.
17. Make Four Thieves Vinegar. DONE!
18. Plant some garlic. Uh-oh…I think I might be too late on this one!
19. Make some peanut butter. DONE!
Make this ricotta. DONE! This was so delicious and so easy. I highly recommend it.
21. Bake some bread. DONE! This was so much easier than I thought it would be…I don’t know why I was so intimidated by it.
22. Make my own “Larabars” (from the Healthy Snacks to Go eBook.) DONE!
For the home:
Make this hand soap. (Just add 1-2 T. castille soap in your soap dispenser with water.) DONE! So easy, and works great in foaming hand soap dispensers.
24. Make Beeswax Wood Polish. Didn’t get to this one yet!
Make this tub scrub…and then use it. DONE!
Make this homemade air freshener. DONE!
27. Replant some succulents. Hoping to do some gardening in the next few weeks and this is one of the things I’ll be doing then.
Make herbal fire starters and enjoy lots of cozy fires on cold winter nights. Done! (That’s them in the photo above.)
29. “Spring” clean my mattress. DONE! This is something I’ll be doing on a regular basis from now on. I had no idea you could clean a mattress like this.
30. Remember to use my reusable produce bags! I’ve remembered once, so that’s better than nothing!
Make playdough with the kids. (This was also on my summer fun list and never happened.) DONE! This was really easy and fun and I loved adding in essential oils for a nice scent.
32. Make a doorway puppet theater. Haven’t done this yet. I need to make a trip to a thrift store to find a sheet still. But I think it would be fun!
So, I think I only technically completed of 22 the 32. Some of them I did, just not consistently. I did have fun and discovered lots of new things that I will continue to do around my home.