It’s no secret that I’m a big fan of essential oils. I love using them in a variety of ways. Lemon essential oil is one of the basic essential oils I would recommend to someone looking to get started in using essential oils.
For one thing, it’s relatively inexpensive in the world of essential oils. Lemon is known to be uplifting and decrease stress and anxiety. It has a fresh and clean scent. There are also lots of ways to use it. Here are some of my favorites:
1. In my Water. I’ve mentioned this one before, but I love adding a drop of lemon essential oil to my water. I enjoy the flavor it gives and I also love the immunity building benefits it brings.
However, not all essential oil brands are safe for internal use, so please make sure you read the label carefully before using any essential oil internally. I use a brand called DoTerra, which is CPTG (Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade) and is safe to take internally. (Lemon essential oil is not recommended for internal use in children under 6.) Learn more about the health benefits of lemon here.
2. In Cleaning. You can add any essential oil to your homemade cleaners, but I love lemon for the kitchen. It has such a fresh and clean scent.
3. In a sugar scrub. One of my all time favorite sugar scrubs is this Lemon-Lime Sugar Scrub. It calls for a few other essential oils, but you can use just lemon if that’s all you have.
4. As a Goo-Be-Gone alternative. If you’ve ever had trouble getting a sticky sticker off a jar or other object, using lemon essential oil is an easy fix. Just drop a few drops on the sticker area, rub it around and then the sticker will scrape right off.
5. To soothe a sore throat or cough. Add a drop of lemon essential oil to a spoonful of honey to soothe a sore throat. Not only is lemon great to cut down the length of a cold and help with coughs, it is also great for cold prevention and building immunity. (Lemon essential oil is not recommended for internal use in children under 6).
Lemon essential oil is also a great one to diffuse in a room because it cleanses the air and uplifts mood.
For more ideas on how to use essential oils, check out my Essential Oils Board on Pinterest.
Do you use essential oils? What are your favorites?