This is my new favorite way to prepare brussels sprouts. I’ve probably had this for dinner at least once a week for the past month. For starters, I love brussels sprouts, and I love goat cheese, and this recipe is super easy and quick to make.
If you don’t have Harvest Grains (found at Trader Joe’s) you can substitute couscous, brown rice, or any other grain.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cranberries with Harvest GrainsRecipe adapted from Cookie + Kate
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/2 a package of Trader Joe’s Harvest Grains, cooked according to package
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, or more to taste
- Prepare your Harvest Grains according to package directions.
- While Harvest Grains are cooking, cut off stems of brussels sprouts and slice in half. Toss brussels sprouts in a bowl with olive oil and salt until well coated.
- Preheat your broiler.
- Set a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat on the stove. Let it heat up for two to three minutes.
- Once the pan is hot, dump the sprouts into the pan and quickly rearrange them so the flat sides are face down. Let them cook for two minutes.
- Toss the cranberries into the skillet and transfer the skillet to your broiler. Make sure to use oven mitts. Cook under broiler for about three minutes.
- Pull skillet out using oven mitts and toss in the pecans.
- Dish up some Harvest Grains and add the brussels sprouts. Top with goat cheese and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Enjoy!