I’m not the most crafty or creative person I know, but I do love making homemade gifts. Here’s some of the reasons I enjoy making homemade gifts:
- There’s something about putting the thought, time, and effort into making something for someone that I think makes it that much more meaningful.
- It can be a more frugal option.
- It gives you the ability to customize your gifts.
- It’s fun!
Since I don’t know how to sew or knit or make artistic masterpieces of any kind, I have found other ways to make homemade gifts. If you’re looking for a quick and easy homemade gift, try one of these options:
- A sugar body scrub. You can whip up a sugar scrub in under 5 minutes. Try my favorite Lavender Vanilla Sugar Scrub or follow the basic recipe and customize it with your own favorite essential oils. If you’re looking for some great recipes, check out Simple Scrubs to Make and Give.
- A baking mix in a jar. This is another quick and easy option. Try my Gingerbread Cookies mix. Or this Buttermilk Pancake mix.
- Homemade Vanilla Extract. This is another one that takes less than 5 minutes. It’s as simple as splitting vanilla beans lengthwise, throwing them in a jar and adding vodka. It takes 2 months to turn into vanilla, but don’t let that stop you! I made these last year and simply added a “ready by” date on the bottom. Here’s a free printable label for you too!
If you’re looking for more homemade gift options, check out my Gifting Pinterest board for more inspiration.
What’s your favorite gift to make and give?