It’s no secret that I’m a big fan of essential oils. Specifically, doTERRA essential oils. I’ve been using them for over 2 years now and I continue to find new uses for them every day. I use my oils daily, and I love having them available for a variety of uses:
- to make a lavender vanilla sugar scrub for a gift
- to help build my kid’s immunity
- to make my own “vapo-rub” when my kid’s are congested
- to rub on a tummy that’s feeling upset
- to bring down a fever
- to keep ants out
- to diffuse in my home
- to treat blemishes
…and much, much more!
However, at first glance it can feel that essential oils are a big investment. An investment I personally think is well worth it, of course, because of how versatile essential oils are and how helpful they’ve been in my home. But for most of us, I doubt we can invest in all of the oils we might want all at once. At least, I couldn’t. Instead, I have slowly built my stash over the years.
Here’s how I did it:
1. I became a doTERRA consultant so I could get the wholesale price for my oils, making it much more affordable (25% off retail price.)*
2. I enrolled in doTERRA’s Loyalty Rewards Program. This is basically a monthly order that is automatically placed each month, which earns you points, which you can then redeem later for products. Each month, I change my order to what I want for the upcoming month. **This is important–if you don’t change it, you will automatically receive the same products from your order the month before.
There are some products you might want to get on a monthly basis, like the A2Z vitamins for children or the On Guard Natural Whitening Toothpaste, or you might just use it buy a few new oils each month until you have all you need.
And it’s that easy! There are some oils I go through quickly, and those ones I order more frequently. They are also the ones I would recommend to anyone first starting out with essential oils:
- Lemon—>>read more about how I use lemon here.
- Peppermint—>>read more about how I use peppermint here and here.
- Lavender—>>read more about how I use lavender here.
- Melalueca—>>see over 25 uses for melalueca here.
- On Guard—>>see how I use On Guard in a roller bottle for my kids here.
- Breathe—>>get my “vapo-rub” recipe here.
*To become a consultant, it’s a yearly fee of $35. As a consultant, not only can you purchase products at 25% off retail price, but you are also able to participate in the Loyalty Rewards Program and sell to others (which earns you a small commission as well).
The other option, if you’re not wanting to become a consultant but still want to get your oils at a discount, is the preferred membership. This $10 lifetime membership gives you 20% discount off of all products AND allows you to participate in the Loyalty Rewards Program!
Have questions? I’d love to answer them. Just leave a comment on this post or email me.
Ready to build your essential oil collection? Use the button below to sign up:
Once on the doTERRA site, just look at the bottom of the page under Quick Links and select the Sign up/Join link and follow the prompts from there. I can also help you with signing up, just contact me.