I love using lavender as a flavoring and any time my favorite gelato shop has a lavender flavored gelato, that’s the one I go for. On a girl’s night out recently, we (of course) ended our evening with a stop by the gelato shop and I was intrigued by the honey lavender latte advertised. It was too late at night for me to drink a latte, so I decided to try making one at home the next day.
I came up with this honey lavender syrup and have not only enjoyed it as a latte, but also in sparkling water as a fun drink in the afternoon. It couldn’t be easier to make and if you’re a lavender lover like me, you have to try it!
Honey Lavender Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup honey
- 2 TBSP lavender buds
In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine 1 cup honey, 1 cup water, and 2 TBSP lavender buds. Stir and bring to a simmer. Watch carefully so it doesn’t boil over. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 min. Strain out lavender.
How to use your syrup:
- Honey Lavender Latte: Combine 8 oz. espresso, 6 oz, steamed milk, and honey lavender syrup to taste.
- Honey Lavender Lemonade: Combine 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, 1 cup honey lavender syrup and 2 cups water, and stir.
- Honey Lavender Spritzer: Add a splash to sparkling water for a refreshing treat. Top off with some half and half or cream to make a honey lavender Italian soda.
- Drizzle over orange slices or fresh berries for dessert.
- Add to hot or iced tea to sweeten.
The possibilities are endless! Be sure to let me know if you try it. I’d love to hear what you think.
Shared at Your Green Resource.